Intuit’s 2013 VIP Summit
Highlights of the 2013 VIP Summit put on by Intuit in Mountain View, CA September 4th & 5th
- Intuit invited 40 Influencers from all over the world. We all arrived on Tuesday, September 3rd and we kicked off the event with a Cocktail Reception. As you can see, some Intuit employees were still busy setting up for the next day.
- Some attendees did some sight seeing before the festivities kicked off. Here is Eileen Sass and Deborah Defer with Intuit employee, Alissa Yee.
- And, Day 1 Kicks off. We were up and early – meeting in lobby at 7:30 AM. Then, we got on a BIG bus and shuttled over to Intuit’s corporate office for an amazing day.
- Jill Ward, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intuit’s Accountant and Advisor Group kicks off the event and welcomes us all.
- Up next was a treat for all of us: Brad Smith, CEO of Intuit! He shared some great information with us then opened it up to the crowd for questions.
- Next, we moved on to and overview of Intuit’s Small Business Group Ecosystem. Jill came back and was joined with Dan Wernikoff, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intuit’s Small Business Financial Solutions Group, and Dan Maurer, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intuit’s Small Business Management Systems Group.
- Intuit got our juices flowing with an interactive session showing us how to Design4Delight, a methodology Intuit uses a lot to be continuously innovative.
- Before we left, Scott Cook, founder of Intuit came up and said a few words to us. More amazingly, he had spent time in the back listening to what we had to say almost all day!
- Then, we were off to the Winery for an amazing evening. It started with Intuit’s Innovation Showcase so the participants could test drive all the new products, then we moved on to dinner and conversations!
- We were given a break on Day 2, just 30 minutes…. We were all in the lobby by 8 AM ready to be swept off to our next amazing experience at the Quadrus Conference Center.
- Steve King, partner at Emergent Research guided us through Day 2. We got to share our insights about the Future of Accountancy.
- We also had a Graphic Recorder of Day 2. This woman was amazing. She drew these pictures while we were talking. Her job is to depict everything that is discussed during the day.
- The Global participants got to go outside and brainstorm. But more importantly, take some awesome group photos!
- We wrapped up Day 2 shortly after lunch and all of us were just blown away by the experience.
- And, of course we have to give Chris the last word! He and his team did an AMAZING job putting this event together. Thank you, Intuit!!