There is a new non-profit organization to hit the accounting industry, The ICBUSA, Inc. It’s the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers for the USA. Well, to be fair, the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), has been around since 1996, but we just haven’t seen an arm of it in the States until recently.
Did you know that the ICB has 150,000 students and members in over 100 countries? This is definitely an organization to pay attention to. We are excited to see what all they will be doing in the USA to promote the bookkeeping profession.
Here is more information that we recently received from their CEO, Jan Haugo.
ICB is the largest bookkeeping institute in the world. A Non-Profit organization that promotes and maintains the standards of bookkeeping as a profession through the establishment of relevant qualifications and the award of grades of membership that recognize academic attainment, working experience and competence.
What is ICBUSA about:
- Creating a national membership organization for Bookkeepers
- To promote bookkeeping as a profession
- To increase recognition for bookkeeping as an integral part of the financial profession
- To promote education and learning of core accounting and technology
- To enable the achievement of a recognized bookkeeping qualification
- To provide a trusted benchmark for the profession
- To improve the career prospects of ICBUSA members
Benefits to Members:
- Membership Organization
- CV and job application advice
- Local Network & Training Events
- Online job vacancy search
- Online bookkeeping forum
- Software Discounts
- Discounts to conferences
- Professional letters after your name
- CPE (Continuing Professional Education Credits)
So, we want to know what you think. Are you a member of ICBUSA or an ICB member from another country? What do you think about the organization and their benefits? Share your thoughts with our community below.