OnPay Sets New Standard in Payroll Services with Release of Best-in-Class HR Suite
Latest News from our Sponsor OnPay
ATLANTA, June 5, 2019 – OnPay, the top-rated payroll software serving small and medium-size businesses, today announced the release of a complete suite of HR tools. Available to OnPay customers and accounting partners at no extra charge, the new HR tools provide everything a business needs to stay compliant with HR requirements and best practices. OnPay also automates time-consuming, repetitive tasks and offers customizable personnel checklists to keep businesses organized. The new suite underscores the company’s ongoing mission to set a higher standard in payroll services.
According to the 2019 Small Business Finance and HR Report* from OnPay, small business owners spend roughly 40 hours a month on HR and payroll. While 86 percent are confident that their HR practices are compliant with state and federal regulations, a majority are not confident that they are handling specific HR-related tasks well. Maintaining records, properly categorizing employees and contractors, and having up-to-date employee handbooks are all practices that less than 50 percent of business owners are confident they are performing correctly.
The full-service HR suite from OnPay helps small businesses get human resources right by offering:
- Online onboarding, including the auto-generation and electronic signing of employee offer letters, tax forms and all personal information. No printers or data entry are required. Admins simply put in the employee’s name, email address, and offer details. OnPay takes it from there.
- Customizable personnel checklists that track important HR processes such as incident reporting and onboarding. Employers create a checklist of tasks and documents that need to be completed. Then employees are asked to electronically sign any documents and tasks (like IT setup or orientation) are assigned to responsible teammates.
- Paid time off accruals and approvals. OnPay lets employees accrue PTO at up to three different rates, depending on employee type or seniority. Employees request time off within OnPay, then managers are notified and asked to approve. OnPay also creates a calendar detailing upcoming PTO.
- E-signable legal document templates and a complete library of free HR guides and resources.
- Automatically-generated org charts and employee directories with pictures and contact information.
- Lifetime employee accounts, so employees can access their own pay stubs, tax forms, and employment documents, even if they are no longer with the company.
- In-app messaging and secure document storage to keep business owners organized and create an HR paper trail.
- Later this summer, the suite will include HR audits based upon the personnel checklists employers set up. OnPay will monitor whether tasks and documents have been completed and alert admins when employees are out of compliance. This feature will make it easy to identify HR issues, including when employees need to sign the most current versions of documents like employee handbooks.
“Less than 40 percent of the small businesses we talk to have one or more employees who are dedicated full-time to HR,” says Mark McKee, president and COO of OnPay. “Our latest offering adds a built-in HR department to our payroll services. It gives small businesses without an HR team the resources they need to handle HR confidently, and it makes any in-house HR specialist much more efficient in larger companies. It’s something every employer needs, so we’re offering it at no additional cost to our clients.”
“In addition to payroll, OnPay keeps adding new HR features that make my life easier. For example, PTO requests, approvals and tracking are right in the app. It’s a streamlined process and a fantastic platform,” says Annie Eaton, CEO of Futurus.
The HR suite of services is now available to a select set of OnPay clients, and will be rolled out to all clients at no extra cost over the next few months. See complete details on OnPay’s website.
OnPay’s mission is to help every small business run by making payroll, HR and benefits easy, affordable and mistake-free. OnPay launched in 2009 as the subsidiary of a traditional payroll company. The team’s deep history with payroll helps OnPay deliver an approachable payroll solution that accommodates companies in every industry, as well as their accountants and bookkeepers. PC Magazine gave OnPay an “Excellent” rating, and the company has earned five out of five-star ratings for its payroll solution on Capterra, taking awards for ease of use and best customer service. Learn more at OnPay.com.
* Survey of 1,085 small business owners and managers in the US, full report with survey results pending release in June 2019.