On October 6th, we had the pleasure of having Scott Stonehocker, a product manager with Intuit, give us a demo of the QBO App.
The new QuickBooks App for Windows Marries the Cloud with a Desktop
Here are some of our favorite takeaways from the demo:
- The QBO App is available for Mac and Windows users..
- You can be auto-logged in with the QBO App at all times.
- The QBO App is basically shell for QBO. Looks the same but you aren’t using a browser.
- Differences between QBO v. QBO App – You have a QuickBooks menu at the top, similar to Desktop.
- Differences between QBO v. QBO App – You have a navigation bar to go back and forth, refresh, or change company files.
- The QBO App has a favorites area so you can create one-click options to increase productivity.
- Just like QBO, they will keep on adding enhancements to the QBO App as time goes on.
- You can have multiple windows open in the QBO App and the data will refresh in the other windows.
- The screens load super crazy fast in the QBO App, saving you even more time.
- Data is cached with the QBO App which makes the system able to perform faster.
- The QBO App works really well for people that just don’t have quick internet speeds.
- You can use shortcuts, drag and drop, right-clicks to help increase your usability of QBO by using the QBO App.
- If you have both a Mac and a Windows machine, you won’t notice much difference between the QBO Apps on either platform.
Have you tried the QBO App yet? Do you like it? Share your thoughts and comments below.