Learn how to match tax returns to the financials in this short course. Our sample return is an 1120S and is matched to financials from QuickBooks Online. This video course is 13 minutes long and includes the downloads listed below.
What you should expect to learn
- Understand the different areas of the tax return
- What to expect on Forms 1120, 1120S, 1040, 1065, and 990
- How to match balance sheet accounts on the tax return and financials
- How to match income statement accounts on the tax return and financials
- Understand the differences between the financials and the tax return
- Sample 1120S
- Sample Balance Sheet exported from QuickBooks
- Sample P&L exported from QuickBooks
OnPay Demo Course Overview
Get an exclusive demo from our friends at OnPay covering their product and why it is the new standard in payroll. Partner with OnPay to take on a bigger role with your clients and simplify your practice. OnPay gives you the flexibility to run payroll however you want to, integrate with your favorite apps, and even help with HR and benefits.
This free webinar is sponsored by OnPay. Once you register, your contact information will be shared with OnPay, but no one else!
Diagnosing the Books
If you have downloaded our free practice guide for Diagnosing the Books, this is the companion training. Watch Cathy Iconis as she walks you through a sample diagnosis and how she utilizes this method to determine the price for cleanup engagements.
This course is 25 minutes long. You can access the training here after ordering.
Transaction Pro Demo Course Overview
Get an exclusive demo from our friends at Transaction Pro covering their products. Transaction Pro has tools to import, export, and delete data from QuickBooks Online (and Desktop). Their apps can help you save hours of time during cleanups and on-going bookkeeping engagements.
This free webinar is sponsored by Transaction Pro. Once you register, your contact information will be shared with Transaction Pro, but no one else!
Payroll 101 for Bookkeepers
Learn the basics of payroll and how to deal with it from an accounting perspective. We will be discussing:
- Paying Employees
- Accounting for Taxes
- Other Payroll Items, and
- Creating the Accounting Entries
This course is not specific to QuickBooks Online. Instead, you are going to learn the basics of accounting for payroll. What types of information and data you should be aware of and how to deal with it.
- Presentation slides
- Practice Guide – Accounting for Payroll
In this 1-hr on-demand training, you’ll learn how the top 10 productivity-boosting tools to help accountants and bookkeepers in their day-to-day lives. We know Excel isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and it is important for accountants and bookkeepers to have strong Excel skills.
Cathy Iconis, once dubbed “The Excel Queen”, will show you the 10 tools she uses almost daily to help her in her bookkeeping practice. Once you’ve learned how to do utilize these tools, you’ll be able to provide some killer spreadsheets to your team and clients in the fraction of the time it took you in the past.
- Apply viewing and layout tools to streamline your work within Excel
- Utilize some of the best time-saving features in Excel
- Design formulas and combine them for further success
- Create pivot tables and learn how to modify the layouts
Downloads Included with Course
- Slides: Excel Skills for Accountants – Top 10 Excel Tools To Increase Productivity
- Raw File: Commission Detail
- Completed File: Commission Detail
Are you ready to learn how to get data into QBO FAST using Transaction Pro Importer?
Join this 1-hour on-demand training where I’ll teach you how to use Transaction Pro Importer and how to create your own templates that you can utilize over and over again in your practice.
- How does Transaction Pro Importer work?
- Steps to Importing
- Why Use a Template
- Planning Your Template
- Creating Your Template
- Slide deck from the presentation
- Spreadsheets from the examples used in the training
Are you ready to up your advisory game?
Learn how to build stellar budgets for your clients. Cathy Iconis will walk you through the process of building a budget – planning, gathering information, determining the numbers, and the final review. This 73-minute training includes a real-life example of building a budget in Excel – plus some time-saving tips in Excel!
With the purchase of the course, you also get access to the slides from the presentation, a PDF template to help you with budget planning with your clients, and the completed Excel file from the example provided in the training.
- Planning with Clients
- Gathering Information
- Determining Budget Numbers
- Final Review
- Budget Build Example
- Slides – Building Budgets for Your Clients
- Budget Planner Template
- Budget Build Example (Excel)
Are you ready to become a QuickBooks Online Cleanup Master?
QuickBooks Online Cleanup engagements can be long and complicated resulting in some pretty bad headaches. But, cleanup engagements are the gateway to recurring work, so it is an important service in your firm.
With this master course, you’ll learn a streamlined approach to working through cleanup engagements. This will not only save you from some really bad headaches, but you’ll end up more profitable on cleanup engagements and able to convert clients to monthly paying clients quickly.
I’ve been in practice for over 10 years and have worked through countless cleanup engagements. I’ve made a ton of mistakes while evolving and honing my process. Don’t waste time making the same mistakes that I did. This is your chance to take advantage of my experience and jump that learning curve. You’ll learn what mistakes to avoid and how to run a cleanup engagement successfully.
- Diagnose the books and calculate cleanup pricing
- Develop cleanup checklists
- Manage cleanup engagements from beginning to end
- Determine which best practices to utilize during cleanup engagements
- Utilize the proper tools available in QuickBooks to efficiently clean the books
- Utilize different types of reconciliations to clean up transactions and accounts
- Identify complicated accounts and how best to fix those balances
Want to see more? Download the QuickBooks Online Cleanup Master Course Agenda
Are you ready to develop an efficient month end process for your firm?
It is important to have a month end process for your clients to ensure that you are providing the best quality work. That is why I created this month end training. Once you have completed this course, you can be confident in the value you are providing your clients.
Month end doesn’t have to be a complete time suck, but if you want to be effective, you have to do more than just reconciliations. Let’s streamline the process together. By working through all the phases of month end in this course, you’ll gain the confidence in your work, you’ll gain a better understanding of your client’s business from the big picture perspective, and you’ll ensure that you are giving your client the best reporting so they too have the confidence in their numbers to make the best business decisions.
In this course, you’ll learn how to organize your month end work so that you are in control and not your clients. You’ll be able to create real boundaries with your clients so you can effectively get your work done, which will result in happier clients! This saves you time so you can unchain yourself from your computer and enjoy life while making a great living.
- Learn the importance of having a month end process in your practice
- Utilize the month end stages to simplify the scheduling of your month end work
- Develop a month-end schedule for your practice and checklists for your clients
- Utilize reconciliations to verify account balances and fix errors
- Develop workpapers to verify the balances on the balance sheet
- Utilize the month end review process as a training tool for your staff
- View the financials from a big picture perspective to gain better insights into your client’s business
- Learn how to use different reporting options to effectively communicate the numbers with your clients
Learn how to market your bookkeeping business
Do you want to learn how to get new bookkeeping clients? Ready to learn some of the best tactics to advertise your practice? In this on-demand training, you’ll learn how to develop a marketing plan for your bookkeeping practice.
We won’t overwhelm you with a million different things you HAVE to do. This training provides you a kickstart to your marketing efforts. Learn how to strategize and build something that will work best for your practice to attract your ideal clients.
- Describing Your Business & Services
- Learning the Sales Process
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Marketing Objectives
- Tactical Plan
- Inbound Marketing
- Outbound Marketing
- Measuring Success
What Others Are Saying
The Bookkeeper’s Marketing Plan provides a great framework of the sales process and marketing strategy. It helps you move forward and get a plan in place. Cathy Iconis is very relatable and does a great job explaining the process. – Catherine Frasier, CPA