Biller Genie is an app that integrates with QuickBooks Online and allows you to automate your invoicing and setup customer payment portals. We asked them 8 questions, as a part of our “What Is” article series, to learn more about their app and their company.
What is Biller Genie, what do you do, & when did you get published on Intuit’s Apps.com?
Biller Genie is the all-in-one solution that makes it easy to track invoices and get paid faster. It was published on Intuit’s Apps in July 2018.
What was the main problem you were trying to solve when you first developed Biller Genie?
Starting a business can be a rewarding experience. For most entrepreneurs and business owners, the formula for running a profitable enterprise is relatively simple. Develop a great product or service, generate sales, and the money will roll in.
Not surprisingly, many of these same businesses are often shocked by the challenges associated with getting paid for their efforts. In short, managing accounts receivables can be a nightmare and frequently results in something more productive ending up on the trash heap. Late payments become a drain on cash flow and is one of the most common reasons why business run into financial hardship.
We created Biller Genie to act as a “virtual assistant” to help businesses better manage the invoicing and accounting process. Biller Genie has quickly emerged as a leader in the automation of invoicing and accounts receivable processes. The platform helps companies work smarter, reduce administrative expenses, and improve cash flow by standardizing and automating invoice procedures and follow-up initiatives.
By automating the busy work, business owners and managers have more time to focus on what’s important: creating, inventing, collaborating, and growing their business—not chasing payments.
What companies (or users) are the best fit for your app?
Businesses of any size – small, medium, or large – that send invoices and are looking to improve their accounts receivable processes.
Tell us about your users’ top 3 favorite features or benefits.
Biller Genie supercharges your existing accounting software and lets you:
- Get paid faster! Biller Genie’s Automated Invoice Messenger sends invoices, late payment reminders, and thank-you notes on a custom schedule. Simply set your preferences and let us handle the tedious and uncomfortable follow-up.
- Give customers a wow-worthy experience! Biller Genie’s Branded Customer Portal is accessible from your website and allows customers to view invoices, review payment history, store payment information, set-up automatic payments, and so much more.
- Say goodbye to duplicate work! Biller Genie’s Integrated Payments and Automatic Reconciliation feature makes it easy to accept credit card and ACH payments online and automatically sync payments to your QuickBooks account.
Tell us about your company’s culture and leadership.
Running a small business isn’t always easy, and as business owners ourselves—we get it. Which is why we’re fully committed to helping make it easier. Not only with our technology but also in the way we approach our business and the things that we value.
Biller Genie’s Commitment to Customer Service
To say we’re focused on delivering top-notch customer service is an understatement. We have a team of people ready to answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and navigate the ins-and-outs of the software. Whether you need something specific or just want to say hi—Biller Genie is here to help make your life easier.
A Commitment to Innovation & Continuous Improvement
Good enough will never be good enough for us. Why? Because it’s not good enough for our customers.
We’re always looking for ways to update, improve, and tweak Biller Genie to make it the very best it can be—and add new features to make chasing payments a thing of the past. Our team is on a mission to go above-and-beyond each and every day so you can spend more time doing what you love and no time messing with technical issues.
Biller Genie’s Leadership
- Thomas Aronica is the Founder & CEO of Biller Genie. Tom has a BS in Computer Science from the University of Miami and brings with him 12 years of payments industry experience and 10 years of payments company operating experience building companies from the ground up to exit.
- Abraham (AJ) Soto is Biller Genie’s Chief Software Architect. AJ has an AS in Computer Programming and Information Technology, as well as seven advanced technical certifications, from Valencia College. He brings 10 years of senior software engineering experience and 5 years of ground-up architecture experience to the company.
- Matthew Cave is the Chief Operating Officer at Biller Genie. Matt has a MSC Financial Commercial Evaluation from Liverpool University, UK and brings with him 6 years CxO-level operations experience in the payments industry and 4 years CxO-level operations experience in SaaS organizations.
How is your app different from your competitors?
Unlike other applications that provide some level of A/R automation and payment integration, Biller Genie does not require you to transition away from QuickBooks Online. Biller Genie quickly and seamlessly integrates with your existing QuickBooks Online account within minutes to provide a full suite of A/R automation tools, payment integration and reconciliation features, and a branded customer portal that allows consumers to view and pay invoices online, see account history, store payment information, set automatic payments, and so much more.
What is the pricing?
Integration to QuickBooks Online, the Automated Invoice Messenger with seven branded reminder types to streamline your account receivables, and Late Fee Manager are always free.
The Branded Customer Portal is free for a limited time, a $19.95/month value.
Biller Genie enables users to accept credit card and ACH payments online. Transaction fees apply depending on the payment method.
To learn more about what’s always free, as well as fees for add-on services, please visit www.billergenie.com/pricing.
Does your App have any programs for Quickbooks ProAdvisors?
While we do not have a formal program exclusively for QuickBooks ProAdvisors, we do offer a referral program that is publicly available and work hand in hand with our partners to ensure the highest level of support for their clients.