What is Business Importer by CloudBusiness LLC?
Learn about Business Importer by CloudBusiness LLC. With this app, you’ll be able to import/export lists between Excel and QuickBooks. We asked them 8 questions, as a part of our “What Is” blog series, to learn more about their app and their company.
What is Business Importer, what do you do, & when did you get published on Intuit’s Apps.com?
Our app’s name is Business Importer Online. The app imports and exports transactions into QuickBooks Online from Excel, CSV file and also from Google Drive, Dropbox or other external resources. Business Importer Online became a part of Apps.com in February 2016.
What was the main problem you were trying to solve when you first developed Business Importer?
As our mission is to free up more time for high-value work in the fast-changing world by automation, we were trying to automate the process of data entering into QBO. After a conducted research we realized that the majority of people still manage their Invoices, Purchases, Journal Entries, etc. in Excel, and then spend many hours daily on manually processing and entering the same transactions into QuickBooks Online. We wanted to eliminate this double work! Our team came up with a solution to automate this process and to convert that time into fulfilling more important tasks, while sales, expenses and even journals are imported automatically.
What companies (or users) are the best fit for Business Importer?
Everyone from a small business owner importing their invoices into QuickBooks Online, to a bookkeeper or an accountant working for a large accounting practice with many customers – all of them will find Business Importer to be a real time-saver that gives the opportunity to operate with way more clients at the same time.
Tell us about your users’ top 3 favorite features or benefits of your Business Importer.
- Schedule function. You have to do the file import just once, and then you can schedule it for automated imports with no need to run the app every time you are going to enter data into your accounting. Just refill the file itself and it’s all done!
- The flexibility of the app. The app adjusts to the needs of every customer. If a user has to import attachments such as photos or receipts, the app will easily import it. The smart system auto-creates objects which are necessary for the accounting (customer, bank account, Doc Number, etc.) what is very convenient for our users, as well as a revert function which allows undoing any import with no harm to the user’s data. In addition, businesses can save $1000 a year with our app on Excel as they can import their data directly from Cloud.
- Marvelous customer support. We cannot but mention it, as we are receiving plenty of feedback about our outstanding customer support. From our side, we can say that we are truly dedicated to making each and every customer feel special. The customers can contact us 24/7 – in-app chat, phone, email, social media, or Zoom – our experts will answer promptly with a solution by analyzing every detail of a message. In addition, to make the full experience even more pleasant, we are constantly developing detailed guides about features and small hacks to help our customers get the full advantage of the app to succeed in their business
Tell us about your company’s culture and leadership.
I guess that sharing a personal experience will be a great way to start answering this question. When I joined the team, I was pleasantly surprised by the family atmosphere of the “real team” where each member shares similar beliefs, goals, values, and everyone is dedicated to making outstanding products and service. At CloudBusiness everyone feels free to express their thoughts and new ideas. Also, every week we organize a special meeting to gather all the most valuable ideas of the week and the best-presented ideas are always added to our road map.
Our developer, customer support and product management teams have a close collaboration with each other, allowing to react on new customers’ suggestions and reviews quickly. This approach has led to numerous updates, inspired by direct feedback, that makes the app unique in a way that it is being constantly enhanced, ensuring the highest standards of usability and responding to customer needs. We believe in work and life balance, so we have a great tradition of company retreats such as Friday dinners, outside team building, sports activities to always have the energy for new discoveries and enhancements, and we hope our automation tools help other businesses practice the same approach.
How is Business Importer different from your competitors?
Even though we published our app in 2016, we are keeping up with the times and always implement new great features into the app. Within our industry, it’s quite common to have chat bots answering customer queries based on generic FAQ. We, on the opposite side, invest in picking, training and nurturing the best talent to make sure our experts answer an online chat within seconds on a question being asked and provide a solution as quickly as possible, most of the times right on the spot.
What is the pricing for Business Importer?
There is a 14-days Free Trial to try our app and services we provide in addition with it. Unlimited imports from a single company start at $10/month, and this is the ideal plan for small businesses. However, every type of business can find an ideal plan for them.
- Single Company – start at $10/month
- Extended (2 to 5 companies) up to $40 per month
- Professional (40 companies) $65 per month
Does Business Importer have any programs for Quickbooks ProAdvisors?
Currently, we provide a forever 20% discount for ProAdvisors on any of the offered plans. Just contact our support team and they will guide you on how to receive your discount.