What is ClockShark?
For construction and field service companies who want to get rid of paper time sheets, ClockShark is the GPS time tracking app that’s both powerful and easy to use. We asked them 8 questions, as a part of our “What Is” blog series, to learn more about their app and their company.
What is your App’s name, what do you do, & when did you get published on Intuit’s Apps.com?
ClockShark provides GPS Mobile Time Tracking for companies with a mobile workforce. Free mobile apps for IOS and Android can be downloaded to your employee’s smartphones so they can take their schedule and time clock with them wherever they go.
The app was published on Apps.com in January 2015.
What was the main problem you were trying to solve when you first developed ClockShark?
Most time tracking solutions aren’t designed for a mobile workforce. Anything that requires being in a specific location like old fashioned mechanical time clocks or a spreadsheet on a desktop computer are out of the question. You have to track time from where the work happens. Most companies with workers in the field used paper timesheets to track their time and work details. This approach is prone to errors from missing time sheets, rounded time punches, estimated hours and incomplete work details. It can take hours or even days for companies to collect timesheets, verify the information, and enter it into their payroll system. Paper timesheets are so inefficient we thought there had to be a better way. That better way is smartphone-based mobile time tracking apps.
What companies (or users) are the best fit for ClockShark?
Anyone with mobile workers – construction companies, tradesman, real estate managers, home health care businesses, Cleaning services, Landscapers, Onsite IT Services – anyone who travels for work.
Tell us about your users’ top 3 favorite features or benefits of ClockShark.
The top 3 things we hear from our customers are:
- Easy to use. We have automated as much of the process as we can to make it super easy to use. Clocking in takes 4 taps on the app. Switching jobs or tasks takes another 4. One tap to go on break or lunch or come back from either or clock out. The time information and GPS location data is grabbed off the phone automatically so employees don’t have to mess with any of that. The same is true on the web dashboard. Our engineers work hard to make sure everything is simple and easy to use with the fewest possible steps without sacrificing utility.
- QuickBooks integration / Reports. Gathering time and work data needs to be easy, but so does using that data. We put as much time into our integration with QuickBooks and our Reporting tools as we did to the mobile app and web dashboard to make sure that the data collected can be used with the least amount of work possible. That’s why we integrate with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, and our mapping goes both ways. Reports only take a few clicks and can be viewed, printed, saved or exported as CSV files. Where ever you need your data to go, there is an option for that.
- Customer Support. We don’t have tiers of service or complicated processes for getting a hold of our support team. Email, chat or call and get a real live human (in the US). We value customers, not quotas. We don’t incentive our service professionals to keep calls short or to do a certain number a day. Call us and we will work with you for as long as you need as often as you want to make sure you are successful.
Tell us about your company’s culture and leadership.
We work hard but have a good time. We all love what we do and love the value we create for our customers. We are very particular when hiring to make sure there is a good fit with our culture to keep the team strong. We celebrate our wins together and everyone shares in it, but we also all take unconditional responsibility for our work. We have all seen first hand the incredible difference ClockShark can make in our customer’s businesses. Just read our reviews. We have helped companies become more efficient and profitable than they ever thought possible. A small painting company now has such a handle on how their business is doing after using ClockShark they started a profit-sharing program for their employees. Imagine that! A company with less than 10 people in a small town able to do profit sharing. We love those stories and it’s the thing that keeps all showing up and doing the best we can every day.
The leadership (from Cliff and Joe) is inspiring. They go out of their way to make sure we are recognized for our contributions and help us strive to become even better. They also make sure we don’t work ourselves to death, which is a common trait in people attracted to tech startups. Every day they make sure we can see exactly how what we do is helping our customers by sharing stories, reviews, and feedback. Our values and mission are not just words in the handbook because they make it come alive every day. Also, we get free tacos, so that’s nice.
How is ClockShark different from your competitors?
We were specifically designed for the mobile workforce. Other competitors have mobile apps and offer similar features, but they are not solely focused on the mobile worker. Like the old saying goes “Trying to be everything to everyone makes you nothing to no-one.” Our singular focus drives our product development decisions and helps keep a clear picture of our customers. Also, our customer service is legendary. Maybe that was a bit sensational, but our dedication to customer service runs deep.
What is the pricing for ClockShark?
- Basic Plan – $3 per employee + $15 base price/month
- Standard Plan – $5 per employee + $25 base price/month
- Pro Plan – $8 per employee + $45 base price/month
Discounts are available for annual prepaid subscriptions and Nonprofits. ClockShark does offer a free trial.
Does ClockShark have any programs for Quickbooks ProAdvisors?
We have a partner program available to QuickBooks ProAdvisors. The program offers training on who would be a good customer and who wouldn’t and covers the QuickBooks integration and reporting features. We also refer customers to our partners, but really the program is designed to let our partners make their customers happy by knowing when they are a good fit for ClockShark, and when they would be happier with a different product. To aid in this we offer members of our partner program a free ClockShark account they can use to track time for their business to really get to know it.
We considered doing a “ClockShark Certification”, but our product is so easy to use it didn’t make sense to make one. That would kinda be like becoming a certified to ride a tricycle. For what it’s worth, our support team is Intuit certified as well.