What is Timesheets.com?
Timesheets.com is an app that provides easy time and expense tracking for both QB Desktop and QuickBooks Online. We asked them 8 questions, as a part of our “What Is” article series, to learn more about their app and their company.
What is Timesheets.com, what do you do, & when did you get published on Intuit’s Apps.com?
Timesheets.com is a cloud-based time and expense tracking solution developed for small to midsize businesses, however, it can be suitable for companies with up to 1,000 employees. We provide time tracking for payroll and billing, as well as expense tracking, HR documents, and scheduling. In addition to tracking time, customers can also generate real-time reports that can export into CSV, PDF, and into both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. In October 2017, Timesheets.com was listed in the QuickBooks app store. Here are some of Timesheets.com’s features that businesses can utilize:
- Time tracking for payroll: Employers and managers can manage employee attendance, time off with leave balances, accrual calculations, and accurate overtime calculations.
- Time tracking for billing: Track time towards customers and sub-customers, jobs, service items, and measure overall productivity. With customizable bill and cost rates, you’ll also be able to view financial details for any customer or job.
- Expense & Mileage reimbursements: Employees can track their expenses and mileage from their phones or computers. Receipts are uploaded from phone cameras for quick storage and retrieval.
- Human resource suite: Create and store employee performance documents and notes. You can also upload and store employment applications and other documents.
- Scheduling: Schedule employee shifts, company meetings, projects, and other important events.
- Reporting: Create custom reports for payroll, billing, expenses, tardiness, time off, and more. We have detailed audit trails for all time and expense records, so no one is left wondering “What happened?”
What was the main problem you were trying to solve when you first developed Timesheets.com?
When Timesheets.com was founded in 2004, our small team of developers were simply trying to create an in-house solution for payroll time tracking. By 2013 the timesheets project had become our primary business focus as we put our energy into building a time tracking solution for other businesses so they could easily track employee time like we had. We knew that the payroll process could take hours without accurate time stamps and calculations, so we took matters into our own hands to create a system that took the pain out of accumulating data and reporting. In 2010 we introduced our Timesheets.com Importer App for QuickBooks desktop and in 2017 we launched our QuickBooks Online integration.
What companies (or users) are the best fit for your app?
Timesheets.com is suitable for any business that has employees or contractors who need to track time for payroll and billing. We also are a great solution for freelancers who want to track their own hours. We work with businesses that are in industries like medical offices, accounting offices, nonprofits, educational facilities, legal and financial services, construction and landscaping, salons, and others. Any business that needs to track time for employees, contractors, or customers, and has access to the Internet, is probably a good fit.
Customers who have special requirements and need a customizable platform will be pleased with the flexibility in our system. Timesheets.com users can choose the exact features they need and can turn off things that aren’t necessary for their business. For instance, we have some customers who only use the system exclusively for time off and accrual tracking, while other companies are tracking billable time and expenses.
Tell us about your users’ top 3 favorite features or benefits.
- Reporting: Our reporting abilities combine ease with powerful filters, and our customers appreciate the fact that they have tremendous flexibility. Reports are available in real-time so administrators can get current data whenever they want. With the ability to create several filtered variations of time and expense reports, users can manipulate their data with ease and see it from more than just one perspective. For example, suppose you wanted to attach a detailed report to an invoice. Our reporting would allow you to run a report that broke out the hours worked by job, or service item, or even by specific employees.
- QuickBooks Online and Desktop Exporting: Our QuickBooks integrations are smooth and feature plentiful tools. Whether you’re importing time for billing or payroll, or just expenses, we can handle the job regardless of platform. We also have free tech support with expert advice for times when you’re not sure of the best way to set things up to match your accounting practices.
- The Dashboard: Our dashboard has been developed and refined over the last 15 years and is the focal point of every account. All employee data and settings are accessible with a single click from this main hub. The dashboard also displays real-time payroll, billing and expense data for every employee. Managers can see who’s clocked in, on break, or on leave — an especially nice feature for those who aren’t at the same location as the workers.
Tell us about your company’s culture and leadership.
As a small business, we understand our customers’ needs because we’ve been in their shoes. In our personal experience, we know both payroll and billing struggles, and we also know what it’s like to be an end-user. Our culture centers around the customer experience and getting to customers quickly when they have needs. We have chosen to cultivate a small, but knowledgeable staff of excellent communicators who deliver friendly, timely, and helpful support. Most of our staff is virtual, but we have managed to create a very close-knit environment in spite of the difficulties associated with a remote workforce.
Timesheets.com’s founders have worked together in the online world for nearly 20 years.
How is Timesheets.com different from your competitors?
Let’s face it, there are a lot of time tracking systems out there; however, Timesheets.com is unique because of it’s specific mix of features combined with our hands-on approach to customer relations. Not only do customers receive personalized and professional service as they adopt and use our product, but often we provide several services that are needed, offsetting the need for multiple service providers. From a pricing standpoint, Timesheets.com is near the bottom of the market providing excellent value to service ratio.
What is the pricing?
- Standard Pricing: $4.50/per user/per month
- Nonprofit pricing: $3.60/per user/per month
- Annual subscription: Annual subscribers get 1 month of service for free
- Freelancer pricing: Free
Does your App have any programs for Quickbooks ProAdvisors?
The Timesheets.com ProPartner™ Program is dedicated to assisting accountants and other referring agents with their clients. ProPartners get a free account to oversee their clients, an optional 20% referral commission for 2 years, marketing resources, and unlimited, free support from our dedicated customer support team. Additionally, we assist with setting up referred accounts so ProPartners are not required to become Timesheets.com experts unless they want to.